Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Making Natural Deodorant is not the Pitts!

0


I have recently made the change to all-natural deodorant because of the health risks involved with using antiperspirants and their link to breast cancer due to harmful chemicals that stop sweat. Inhibiting the natural production of sweat has always seemed like a bad idea to me, but when I started making my own soap, I  became much more aware of the products I used and switching to natural deodorant seemed like a no brainer.

I started buying Ava Anderson Deodorant, which I love, but it was so expensive, and as a maker, I was dying to start formulating my own.

I also bought a kit from the lovely owners of Handcrafted Honey Bee to get a feel for the process, and although I liked their recipe and ingredients, I wanted something more like the Ava Anderson Deodorant that I had fallen in love with. I started tirelessly researching recipes and ingredients, and came up with an initial recipe that I like. It Includes the following ingredients:

Ingredients
Baking Soda and Arrowroot Powder: Are used for their odor-eliminating properties.

Coconut Oil: This healing ingredient contains Vitamin E and has anti-aging properties. It naturally protects your skin from microbial infections.

Beeswax: Beeswax is the leftover part of a bees hive after the bees have produced their honey and moved on. This ingredient provides protection against irritants, while still allowing the skin to breathe. It contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral benefits.

Shea Butter: This ingredient provides your skin with the essential fatty acids that help make collagen. Shea butter is also naturally rich in Vitamins A, E, F and offers a UV protection of SPF 6

Cocoa Butter: Cocoa butter is the best salvation for people who have sensitive skin. Cocoa butter moisturizers are good at protecting skin from heat, healing such diseases as eczema and other problems.

Kaolin Clay:
Adds extra dryness protection. It will help at whisking away sweat and drying it up before it reaches your clothes.

Probiotic Capsules: Help the immune system and eliminate bad bacteria, which is a major cause of body odor.

I also used a blend of essential oil combos, which smell lovely and aid in odor control.

I have selected 10 random people to test my initial recipe and then will make changes based n their feedback.

It is amazing how much personal satisfaction I have derived from playing a mad scientist in my test kitchen! It shines a light of the fact that I am a born maker and creative person and am so thrilled to be making safe and natural products that enhance people's lives and sense of well-being. I have found my happy place, one deodorant tube at a time!
Author Image

About Crownleye Dayveed
Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design

No comments:

Post a Comment